Tuesday 26 July 2016

Over 2000 and counting

I started this blogging lark as much to let off steam and archive my thoughts, having attempted to turn them into some kind of coherence. (Well, at least coherent to me). But it is gratifying to see from the software that some of my various buddies, colleagues, acquaintances and family must read the stuff, as I now have over 2000 page viewings. (And no, it doesn't count me looking myself!)

Of course, I might have picked up some robot page readers or MI6 (me, paranoid? Not when I know they're out to get me!) along the way. But whoever is reading, I had a look at my most viewed  posts - because they do vary quite a bit. In the spirit of the blog title, here are the top 7:

Why is the BBC so irritating? (29 May - by some distance the most viewed. If you haven't viewed it take a look - it needs one more to get to 50 viewings)
Leave means Leave (14 July)
Masters 2016 shows golf isn't ALL about putting (14 April)
Out of Europe (27 June -on football)
We are indeed all in it together now ( 25 June -on the referendum result)
One of those days in England (and Wales) (14 April)
Timothy Leary Lives (another early one, 12 April)

The topics covered in just these 7 posts include politics, sport, nature, music and psychotropic drugs. Well I have been accused of lack of focus on occasion, so the wide range is in character.

My titles are sometimes wilfully tangential - More on 1916 is mainly about music for example. So hopefully readers sometimes pick up on something unexpected. But potentially irritating also.

Anyway, I am encouraged to continue. After all, if you couldn't be arsed reading my posts, you wouldn't have viewed this one, I guess. But feedback or comments are always welcome. And you can leave them pseudonymously (which means make a name up, not that you're a pseud). Though you might need to give your email address to the great vampire squid Google (I know that was a Rolling Stone description of Goldman Sachs, but it arguably fits Google better). But if you're as paranoid as me, you'll create one without your real name in it for the purpose....

Toodle pip

PS Yippee, 51 viewings now for Why is the BBC so irritating?

1 comment:

  1. I could be arsed to read your ramblings Phil, keep rambling it gives Carole a break!

    ReplyDelete