Friday 24 June 2016

We are indeed In It Together now

I admit I didn't see that coming. The pundits, with their in built bias to the status quo theory, are now as discredited as the pollsters.

Having felt bad about my vote (Remain) for the first time ever in a polling station, I am feeling nervous this morning. We'll see whether David Smith and all those in the consensus about the transitional shock are right.

So far this morning the FTSE fell from 6338 to 5806 before rallying to about 6000. So about 5% down. Not quite seismic, but early days.

We truly are all "in it together" now.

We have said "Non". But the sun rose, the tides will ebb and flow and I will go and use a stick to try to hit a small ball a long way around a seaside field.




1 comment:

  1. Oh dear what a mess this referendum has been. Called to save the Tory party from imploding the chap who called it then got beaten by his own troops in battle with more than a little help from Labour's right wing 'working class' voters. Cameron's judgement has always be poor in my view but this is a cock-up of immense proportions. Makes Clegg's fibs over tuition fees look rather small scale and I never thought I would say that. And is it a worse call than Blair's Iraq War? Surely on a par with it. We are governed by poor leaders of that I have little doubt.

    ReplyDelete