Tuesday 7 June 2016

The customer is always....

Harry Selfridge is credited with coining the phrase "the customer is always right".  Selfridge had a store in Chicago, which he sold and bought the site in Oxford Street. Selfridges was the first to have a hairdresser and cosmetics displayed at the front of the shop. By 1939 he owed the company and the Revenue vast sums and died penniless in 1947.

In my experience, the customer is not always right but, as my former colleague and buddy Graham says, the customer is always the customer. A fact I am often inclined to remind the other party in a frustrating transaction, when they are doing their best to make sure you won't be the customer again.

The Big Project takes another step today and, due to culpable inefficiency, access to broadband will be limited for a while, but I'm sure you won't mind some sporadic brief periods of silence on my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment